Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
This recipe makes 3-4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra-virgin
- 1 medium onion(s) roughly chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pounds turkey, cutlets cut into 1/2 inch pieces (ground turkey works fine)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (If you don’t like “spicy”, cut back on this a little J)
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 15 ounce(s) beans, cannellini (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) tomatoes, diced, Mexican (1 can) (I use Rotel-Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro)
- 1 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat-free, less sodium
- salt to taste
- peppercorns, black freshly ground, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add turkey, chili powder, and cumin; cook, stirring often, until turkey is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Source: South Beach Diet