2 Tbsp butter
1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 ½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black or white pepper
3 cups vegetable broth
1-15oz can pure pumpkin
1-12oz can evaporated milk
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, for two to three minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry power, salt and pepper and cook for one minute.
- Add broth and pumpkin, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low, stirring now and then, to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in evaporated milk and blend.
- TIP: an immersion blender beats the pants off transferring this to your large blender.
This is as super easy and scrumptious fall and winter soup!